The Season of In-Between | Day 3 of Thankfulness

The view outside my apartment after Jonas came through!

So I wrote a total of four posts last year (I'm really good at this blog game). Over its existence, this blog has acted as a place for half-baked thoughts and public journal entries or open letters to those who care about my life. This time is no different.

My time is Raleigh is sort of coming to a close. I came up here to attend Southeastern Seminary and now I'm done! I've graduated and have my Master of Arts in Christian Studies. Praise God and thank you to everyone who supported me throughout my time. My lease ends in May and I'm in a sort of in-between waiting time. Not that I know what's next, but something... I'm terrible at waiting I've learned. Not in the sort of mundane things, I'm good at waiting in line and to see the doctor, but I'm terrible at the waiting that is the days and weeks in between big plans, the waiting to figure out what the plans are. What I'm saying is: I'm not great at waiting on the Lord and trusting Him day by day. I get impatient and want to know now so I can plan and dream in my own strength. I always knew the next step and the Lord made it so clear, but this time is different, I don't have a clear 1-2-3 plan, high school-college-seminary plan. I'm in uncharted waters.

But instead of fretting, I've decided to spend 100 days praising God and thanking Him for all the good gifts He has given. 100 days. That will put me right at the start of May, the end of my lease and the beginning of a new chapter.


We're picking things up here at Day 3 because I write too much for Facebook statuses...

Day 3

Today I am thankful for:

1. Difficult Things. God is good all the time and I'm learning that through every difficult season, I learn more and more about His goodness and His faithfulness. In my weakness, I learn more and more about His strength. And it's not just head knowledge, but the knowledge of the heart and growing more fond of Him. When we go through struggles together, it can unify us or drive us apart and I am thankful that the Lord has used hard things to drive me to Him.

 2. Community and God's provision through people. I had to switch small groups at church due to a scheduling conflict with work, which has proved to be a blessing.  Now, I not only have the relationships with my old small group (read: family), but now have all sorts of new relationships with wonderful people who have pointed me to Christ and have been such a refreshment to my soul.


Comments