Day 54 | Erica



This post has been a long time coming, but it's finally here: my abundant thankfulness for my dear friend, Erica! You might remember Erica from when I recently photographed her wedding (WHAT!)

Erica has been one of the most consistent, loving, and affirming friends in Raleigh specifically, and in life, generally.

I thank God that He has given me such a sweet friendship in the midst of some of the hardest years in my life. With clarity, grace, honesty, and "of course-ness" Erica has encouraged me to pursue Christ at every turn. She assumes the best of my heart and my intentions in a way that encourages me to rise to her expectations.

Erica is quick with an affirming word that is specific and makes me understand deeply God's grace in my life! She sees my shortcomings and walks alongside me in them.

She got me my job at Brain Balance. That alone, I cannot thank God enough! But on top of that, she is an excellent co-worker and challenges me to work hard with joy every day. What a delight to get to work with one of your dearest friends! We also had the joy of graduating from Southeastern together this past December.

Importantly, Erica not only understands my weirdness, but is weird with me. It's difficult for us to go more than 10 minutes without using funny voices or making funny faces. If you get one of us laughing, the other is sure to follow, which only makes us laugh more. There's freedom in friendship where you can be your most bizarre and the other person is not only amused, but joins in the oddity. The hilarity that ensues is life-giving.

Besides silliness, she has been an encouragement in hard times and done so much to care for me and point me to Christ. She has walked alongside me, comforted me in my crying, listened, prayed, encouraged. All of this while her life was crazy busy with working a ton and preparing for a wedding.

Erica is the dearest of friends, and my sister in Christ. I cannot thank God enough for this amazing woman of God and how she has loved me!

She is such a caring, funny, outspoken, brilliant young woman! I am proud to be her friend and delight to see her grow in grace. I am so thankful that I was able to celebrate the beginning of her marriage to Aaron and to photograph that joyous day! What an honor.

Erica A. Rice (ANAGRAM NAME) you are a dear sister in Christ and I love you with all the love I have in Christ Jesus!

Comments