Day 18 | Game Nights and Belly Laughs



Today was such a good day.

Okay, it started off in a sad place. You'll see in the picture ^^^ my pretty plants last year in June. Well, my peony today is no more. No, it didn't die (well, it might have been dead), but it disappeared. I went out to check on my plants this morning and the entire plant (roots and all) was gone. Womp. Womp. But I didn't even feel super sad, because 1. I can plant another one some day in better conditions and that will hopefully live longer. 2. I knew that this evening was going to be awesome.

That excited theme carried through work: I knew that when I got off, I was going to get to see friends! Tonight we had a build-your-own pizza dinner and a game night at my house! I was so excited that I told the girl at Food Lion, "I'm having a pizza night with my friends!!" She was very sweet, "well, you'll have to tell me all about it." HAH. She probably thought I was insane (it's possible that I might be).

I'm so happy right now: I got to spend the evening with some people that I love dearly playing games, shouting over each other, and laughing super hard at ridiculousness. It's like sunshine is in my soul right now. Also, I have plans all week. That means I don't have to be alone in my house for ridiculous amounts of time (like that one time, two weeks ago when I was confined to my bed for 5 days).

I don't really know what else to say other than I thank God for people. My heart is so content right now as I type this. I had 7 people in my home tonight and I got to feed them (PIZZA, which is basically the best food) and make tea and cocoa for them! How great is that? I also got to share my Valentine's Day chocolate (which was a super sweet gift from my brother-in-law, Caleb).

Then we played games! We played Spicy Farkle and Fish Bowl. So. Much. Fun.

My heart is happy and I thank God for sweet friends and joyful evenings of laughing and silliness and pizza.

Thank you Lord for every good gift. Thank you for the gift of solitude, to increase the depth of my joy in friendship and fellowship! You are so kind to give me such sweet moments with friends.


Comments