Days 6 + 7 | Mom & Savannah



I was driving yesterday evening and so I wasn't able to do day 6. So here's a double whammy!

Day 6: Mom!

I am very thankful for my mom. Not only does she provide endless material for story telling and jokes, but she also brought me into the world, which is a pretty great gift.

Mom and I don't talk on the phone too much. Just quick catch ups mostly and Mom asking stressful questions like, "How is that thesis paper coming along?" and then me quickly ending the conversation. Yesterday, we set a new record though: we talked on the phone for an hour and a half, our previous PR was 22 minutes. I found out that after 2.5 years (and the completion of my degree), my mom finally learned the name of my seminary, and she knows what state (and I believe city as well) I live in. Proud of you, Mom.

My mom also is super passionate about ending human trafficking and is doing a lot to fight injustice in Arizona. And that's pretty awesome. I'm glad God gave Kathleen to me as a mom and over the years has grown us both.

Day 7: Savannah

I drove down to Savannah (again, always) this weekend! I'm here for Liz's birthday.

I'm so glad for this city and how God has used it and the people in it to point me to Him and encourage me as I walk with Him. God is doing a great work in this city and especially through Bull Street Baptist Church and I am always so excited by the work here and the possibilities for ministry, both in working with college students (LOVE) and street evangelism )which is something I want to grow in for myself and disciple others in sharing the Gospel freely and joyfully)!

Also, I got to see my friends and their precious babies which is just so good and a gift! I thank God for the blessing of the lives of Haddon, Archer, Levi and Wesley! What a blessing to see these little boys grow up. I pray that the Lord would call them to Himself and use them mightily for the Kingdom. I pray that their parents would know and love Christ more richly because of their sons.

Comments