Day 5 | Friends Who Are Family


Today I am thankful to God for my Raleigh family generally, and specifically Sara and Aaron Lumpkin.

I went to chapel at Southeastern today and got to see a ton of people who I love. It made my heart leap to see so many people that I just wanted to talk to! I certainly will be going to another chapel again soon. What a blessing to have friends!

I have struggled often and deeply with loneliness while living in Raleigh. For a myriad of reasons, I never had a go-to friend group who I could hang out with. So, I have a lot of deep, individual relationships which are great! But sometimes I just want a friend group who I can text when I have ridiculous thoughts that really must be shared with at minimum 5 other people.

After chapel, I spent the day with the Lumpkins who are seriously some of the most generous, loving, fantastic friends I have. Aaron and Sara have gone above and beyond to care for me, encourage me in Christ and just be my family.They feed me constantly, have let me stay over when I didn't want to be alone at my house, have counseled me, prayed with me, encouraged me and today they let me wash clothes at their house and basically just hang out all day. How amazing!

These two, by the power of Christ in them, embody Romans 12:9-13,

"Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Rejoice in our confident hope. Be patient in trouble, and keep on praying. When God’s people are in need, be ready to help them. Always be eager to practice hospitality."

I thank God for this couple and how He has used them to bless me time and time again, and point me to Him. They model a godly marriage and family life to me constantly!

Comments